Tuesday, March 5, 2002

Jewelry Queen

Happy Tuesday!!

I’m in more or less of a good mood as i don’t have to work tonight, and Corey Love is cooking something…not sure what but he got some baby lobster tails last night (ummm…seafood) and as he is off today he has plenty of time to ponder on what will e cooked. *grins* I think he is trying to match the wonderful Hot Egg and Noodle success of Saturday night. I didn’t get enough sleep last night (when do I ever??) so I’m sleepy, but I’m fighting the good fight. Must – keep – eyes – open!!

On my way out the door this morning I grabbed the little bag that I kept the old jewelry in, and I rummaged through it really quickly once I got to my desk just to see what I had. I have a wide variety of shapes, and they are mostly all small enough to be used in a ring with no problem. I have 5 small hearts (from a ring), 1 large heart ( from a pendant), 6 ovals (from a pair of earrings, they had 3 each), 1 mediumish marquise (from a ring) 3 emeralds (from a bracelet) and 6 princess (from the same bracelet). So, all together I have 22 garnets, and I think that all but maybe 2 (the bigger heart and the marquise) are small enough to go in a ring. So, with a choice of 20 stones in 4 shapes, I know I can come up with SOMETHING that I will love.

*grins* Got a new obsession….got a new obsession!!

The rough rough rough starting ideas that I have are these:
I love love love openwork rings – I think the whole ‘carved’ look is so pretty – like these

from TitaniumCommitment.com or this
from the same place or this
from AlexiaGallery.com

Then, I like colored gold. Pink/Rose and peach are my favorites.

Pink/Rose


Peach


I also like geometrical designs and jewelry that looks ‘designed’ and crafted like these from AlexiaGallery.com as well:




I also decided that I want to wear this on the middle finger of my right hand, and I don't want it to be any wider than 8mm, which is about 1/3 inch. I want it in white gold, with colored accents.


Basically I want to end up with something that is totally unique and totally me, and unless someone else just goes and copies what I end up with will be the only one of it’s kind.

:) Much fun.

Jasmyn

No comments: