Friday, March 8, 2002

Rings and Things

Designing jewelry ain’t as easy as it seems – esp. when I have no clue what I’m doing. I seriously suspect that whatever jeweler I work with is going to hate my guts by the time I’m done…but considering the amount of money I will most likely end up pouring into this project – that’s okay… s/he might not hate me AS much. Why do I say that?? Because the ideas that I have thus far are intricate and delicate as heck. :)


I love openwork rings – I think they are so pretty and manage to make wide rings look really delicate. Like this one: .
It’s sooo purty. But – I don’t quite want a Celtic design… I want something a little more modern.
So what I have come up with is a series of blocks – rather tile like in white gold – with the ‘grout’ in peach gold and openwork cut into the middle of each tile ‘shape’ – but in some of the larger tiles instead of having a cut out, there will be a bead set garnet. *grins* I’ve sketched out a most rough idea… and I think it will be pretty and MOST unique…I’m just not sure if it’s POSSIBLE. :)
Or I could go with something a little more organic looking – swooping swirling cutouts rather than blocky squarish ones.

Last night was wonderful – I went and got BabyGurl cleaned from the nitty to the gritty which took about an hour. So while they were cleaning every crack of me car I lounged in the sunlight and read Vogue. I STILL have not finished that blasted magazine…but’s it so fun! Then I picked up some new fingernail polish and headed home. I finished Corey Love’s taxes, then sat and sipped and chatted and watched wrestling and all in all it was a very nice night.

I work (and get paid) tonight, and I work tomorrow afternoon ( no closing for me – YAYYY!!!!) and hopefully I won’t have to work Sunday. I am SUCH the sales woman.

It’s odd how many compliments I have been getting on my hair…and it looks like CRAP. Yeech-bleh-blah.

Okay. Done for now.

Jasmyn

No comments: