Wednesday, July 31, 2002

Hard Work

Whhoo.... I've worked hard today. *LOL* I've set up the complete budget for the custom/handmade stationary (invitations, RSVP postcards, thank you notes, STD magnets, and announcements), have come up with a rough menu (of course it has to be vetted by Corey Love), come up with a SMASHING idea for the cakes (it's a mini-meal, so why not have mini-cakes??) and pulled together a rough concept of the beverages. Last night I started working on a playlist - I have over a hundred songs, and assuming a 3 minute average length ( and I know that several of these songs are closer to 7 minutes) that would provide 5 hours worth of music (well over the reception time). There won't be a DJ - so we will have to rent speakers and buy then burn lots of CD's - but *grins* we will get to keep all the CD's afterwards. The only thing that is up in the air right now (in our minds)is the photographer. We want NICE pictures - but GOOD LORD - starting at 1500.00?? *shakes head* I will most likely hire someone from the LLYCamera Club (i've seen some of their wedding pictures and they are great) or a senior student photographer for IU or Purdue or something.

*sighs* I have the dollar figures for the paper stuff - but not for anything else. There has to be someplace where you can get figures for how much beer, wine, and champange costs.

We're aiming for a 3500.00 wedding for 100ish people, and we think *crossing fingers* we can pull it off. Even if we go up to 4500 (we are going to have at least 7000 to use altogether, but dammit I want to spend at LEAST 5 days at Couples Ocho Rios) I would still be happy.

I'm actually starting to get excited - I'm seeing in my minds eye a plan actually STARTING to come together. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE my site? I love it. I haven't actually gotten it yet - but I have been keeping an eye on the local boards and no one has even MENTIONED this place. Ohhhh I'm so excited - two more weeks until I can book it. And I love Excel too... :) it's EXCELLENT... I have my guest list set up there, and linked it to the number of invitations and the amount of food so that as my guest list goes up and down, the food and stationary costs reflect that WITHOUT any work on my part. Thanks Bill....

*grins*

This is going to be an interesting wedding. We want to try to do as much as possible ourselves - that is REALLY the only way you can be sure that you are getting EXACTLY what you want. Of course - sometimes that brings the prices down (as I expect it will with the food) and sometimes it hikes the price up (as I know it is with the invitations) but this is going to be a very unique and individualistic wedding - and for that I'm thrilled.

*grins & starts humming that damn Jagged Edge song*

Also - We've determined that we are going to do this wedding. And by that we mean that WE (me and Corey and no bloody body else) are the sole planners and concievers of this shindig. We respectfully listen to our parents, grandparents, and friends - but the final decision is all on us. :) To me a wedding shouldn't be the last thing parents do for their children - it should be the first MAJOR thing a couple does for themselves.

I'm terrified that I will either burst out laughing or crying on my way down the aisle - depending on the music and the way Corey looks/at me. During my graduation from Spelman all you could really see of me were my eyes and my teeth *LOL* and this - whooo - this is SO much bigger and better than graduation.

I'm considering when I change my name on the marriage cert (yes, I've decided I'm changing it - keeping my full name, but adding his but not USING mine - it's the principle of the matter) I'm also going to add Jasmyn. :) It's one of the names that has become MOST mine - and besides when I become a famouns author and want to write under another name - or just USE another name for whatever reason - I will have a couple of legal ones.

jasmyn

No comments: