Tuesday, August 21, 2001

Wander Lust

I’ve lived in over 15 places in 24 years, and while that might not seem like much, it has made me who I am. In fact, if anyone asked me what shaped the person that I am the most the four things that would be on that list are: 1) Reading 2) Moving 3) Home Schooling 4) Islam . That it. Four things without with I wouldn’t be ME… I most likely wouldn’t be where I am now, and I sure as hell wouldn’t be who I am now.
For right now, I want to try and make a record of everywhere that I have lived. I have been having odd little flashbacks of places in the last few days, and I want to remember just how it was.
1. Washington, DC – birth to 4 years
The lovely place in southwest with the hardwood floors
I had Sesame St on the walls and woke up one night afraid of Bert.
Had my first sexual exploration with a girl…my first overall
The lovely tree in the back that they chopped down
Very close to the MD border
Saw the rainbow arching over the bus stop
went to preschool and wore the too large Sylvester costume

2. Springfield MA – about 9 months
3. Boston, MA – about 2 years
4. Chester, PA – about 2 years
5. Cleveland, OH – about 1 year
6. Somewhere in OH – about 2 months
7. Xenia, OH – about 3 years
8. Boston, MA – about 2 years
9. Trenton, NJ – about 9 months
10.Chester, PA – about 4 years
11.Atlanta, GA – about 5 years
11a. Kennedy, Florida – 2 summers
12. Indianapolis, IN – about 1 year

That’s it. I think that I am forgetting some places mainly because the years between 5 and about 12 are more or less a blur. I remember small things, but nothing concrete. I have always wondered why…maybe because so little in my life was concrete?

No comments: