Tuesday, November 5, 2002

Bad Girl...bad bad girl.

Okay - I've got a confesion to make.


Me and Corey were supposed to be saving for the wedding right - 'x' amount of money in the bank every month for 19 months. I even got a second job to facilitate that process.


We have MAYBE 500.00 bucks in the bank account. I haven't looked at it in ages because I would be crushed.
And we were doing so good until he moved - paying for two households is a hell of a lot more expensive than just one.


So - I regularly (since I paid off most of the college credit cards) get these juicy offers in the mail. I filled one of them out, and HELLO - about 5 weeks later got a shiny silver card in the mail. Citibank. Very Nice.


It's currently sitting in my file box, unactivated.


We have every single intention of maxing that sucker out for the wedding (interestingly enough, it has a 7,200 limit - just what our budget is).
And for some reason I feel kinda bad. Yeah - doing this will increase the likelihood of me being mostly debt free by the wedding. It will help him feel less guilty about having to use some of the wedding money to move, and he will hopefully be able to get a nicer car.


So - all in all it's a good thing.


I just would rather that it wasn't.


any other wedding news?


Nope. I still haven't called the Flamingo, mainly because I keep forgetting with the time zone bit and I don't WANT to call from work, but I've gotten my nails painted a 'colorchange' Flamingo Pink last night. No, I did not know that it was a color change when I got it. The warmer my hands are, the paler the pink is. Right now, both me and my hands are freezing, so it's dark Barbie pink.


So - hopefully I will call the Flamingo this weekend (Friday) and get rates and get some stuff booked, as well as get clarity on some extra fees.


I've learned more about Vegas Weddings from UW than I ever could on the Knot. In fact lately, I don't even GO to the Knot anymore. I go in cycles with them, and lately the so-called 'women' on there have been much more like bitches than brides.


So.


Oh yeah - we changed the date (AGAIN) to Septemer 1, 2003.


I just relized that drops us right under 300 days.


*gulp*


Maybe I really SHOULD get on the ball, eh?


:)


Jasmyn.


No comments: