Monday, January 26, 2004

Tugging on Hair

Argh. Okay. Something told me that I should have found a local jeweler that I could rely on rather than sending it back to the jeweler I purchased it from - but ah well. Jeweler email's me today, tells me that the setting is for an emerald, and while they COULD get the princess in there, of course it wouldn't look nearly as good as I want it to.


 


So - I'm trying to talk to the store I brought the setting from - and he is telling me that I should have included the measurements of my stone if I wanted to be sure that the setting would fit. Now tell me - if you advertise a ring that will fit a PRINCESS cut stone between 1 to 2 carats - why would I need to send in my measurements if that's TRULY what will fit? I was starting to get irate, so I got off the phone with him, but I am going to call him back. I a) want him to expressmail the RIGHT setting to my jeweler and b) reimburse me for the cost of shipping the setting back to him, as it is their fault that I got the wrong ring. *sigh* 


 


I wouldn't be so touchy about this - but I'm leaving the country soon, and dammit I WANT my ring before I go. I've already lost a week in getting a misrepresented setting and sending it along with my ring to my jeweler - I don't think I can afford to lose another week waiting for them to get their stuff together. Gah! If my jeweler tells me that he won't be able to get it done in time.... *sigh* what a waste of money.






 


 


Speaking of waste of money - *sigh* Remember how I was talking about C. telling me that on Sundsy we would go out and have dinner since I didn't feel like doing it on Tuesday when he originally asked? Well - we went out last night, had a lovely meal, and because he somehow 'forgot' that he had offered to take me out for dinner, I ended up paying for it. I don't really think I can express precisely how tweaked I was over that. *sigh* That was 90 bucks I SOOOO couldn't afford to spend - and I'm not sure if I'm more upset at him for assuming I was paying (after he said that he would) or more upset at myself for not picking up on the signals he was giving off that indicated that he expected ME to pay. *sigh* Or - maybe I'm mostly upset over the fact that he offered to take me out - an then in a matter of days totally forgot about it! yeah - I think that is what irls me the most - I was so excited about my baby taking me out to dinner - and here I ened up taking myself out to someplace that wouldn't have been my first choice to spend 90 dollars at - and as it was snowing, I even DROVE. *sigh*


 


So. It's going to be a tight next two weeks - when he gives me the money for the bills, I'm going to have to take part of it and go grocery shopping, then apply all of the rest to bills. Gah!


 


Oh well. Spilt milk & the like. I'm actually considering just sending the setting back, getting my money back for it, and trying again later. At least that way, I'll still be able to save a little this month. *sigh*  I'll still have wasted the money that I spent to ship my ring there and to pay for it to be shipped back - but I'll still get at least 80 bucks back from the whole deal.

No comments: