Thursday, January 9, 2003

Calming Down

Okay...so I was getting frantic for no reason at all. I moseyed on over to the Knot, and looked at their checklist - and WOW! I'm plenty good on target. So.

I quit the so-called wedding job. Since weh ave a credit card now, I'm not nearly as frantic about saving up money, and I was just plain drained. My last night was Friday, and it's been simply lovely being able to go HOME and relax for a few hours before bed.

I think I've figured out the decorations. I knew that our colors were going to be rich - copper and gold and ivory - to match the invites and my dress and the season. So - I've been batting around in my head the kind of table decorations I wanted...and finally came up with: Ivory table clothes, with a suqare (or a crumple) of copper colored tulle in the middle. A square mirror or piece of glass, with three pillar candles of different heights (either one copper two ivory, or two copper one ivory) on top.
It's a rather standard style of decoration, and if I could have my druthers I would three little candle lamps on the table with copper colored shades but I don't think that's gonna happen. Hmmm...I might need to swing by the PierOne Outlet store...they often have nice stuff like that for ridiculously cheap. And they have an untold WEALTH of candle crap.

What else? I still haven't put together the STD's (which are supposed to go out in a little under a month) nor is the address list complete (a few people of Corey's and some family of mine I haven't just called and gotten their address.) I have however (more or less) finished our website to my satisfaction. I'm thinking of sticking a guestbook on it...but that would be all. That would be something fun to do to keep me occupied for a while.

Jasmyn

No comments: