Friday, January 24, 2003

Spurts and Bubbles.

Okay. So every once in a while (once a month or so) I get this sudden SPURT of wedding-like energy. Yesterday marked the beginning of a spurt. One of the minor things I've been obsessing about has been centerpieces. So yesterday, I happened to be in the Dollar Store (looking for some cute martini glasses) and suddenly found myself sucked into an alternate universe of wedding thoughts on accessories.
And I think I've found what I want. My first choice was a glass cylinder half full of those pretty little glass stones in an golden/copper color (which along with cream are FINALLLY the official wedding colors) with three tapers (two ivory and one gold) set in them. The top half o the cylinder has a pretty little bow around it of copper organza. Quite lovely. But!! I just called the
Flamingo (to check on their firecode) and tapers aren't allowed. :( So - on to option two. Low bowls half full o those same stones, wih water and floating candles on top. These will be surronded by three or four little copper colored votive holders. And - if I can find it - some copper confetti (or maybe not) scattered on the table. I'll take some pictures of it tonight - I've got a few shots left on the roll that I did our engagement jewelry pictures on. It should be fun to see what they look like. And yah - I will post them once I get them.

Then - I was chatting with the girlys on the lowcarb bullutien board, and realized what the cake will look like!! It's going to be three tiers, with ivory icing. The cake topper with be burgandy calla lillies (the flowers from my bouquet) and around the bottom of each layer there will be copper ribbon tied in a lovely bow. It's gonna be PURTY!!

*bouncy bouncy*

jasmyn

No comments: