Friday, January 17, 2003

Registration & Resignation

Okay - this weekend is THE weekend to register. :) No - I STILL haven't done the STD's (I'm staying HOME next weekend so that I can work on them) but we need to register BEFORE we send out the cards that have the website that list where we are registered at on it. Target, we can do in store. Crate&Barrel we can do online, PierOne we can do in store (I just need to find one) and William&Sonoma will just have to wait until we both come up here. So - that will almost leave the website in 'ready to go' condition.

And then there is one other little niggling thing that isn't done on the website that I really don't know HOW to handle. I want to put up a family listing somehow, and I was thinking of a family tree - but I'm not all that thrilled about creating a family tree. I'm - embrassed - I guess about the sparsity of my knowledge of my family. I don't even know my paternal grandparents NAMES, and it sucks. I don't know my maternal grandfaters name by heart - though I can find that out easily enough by checking with my mother. I've more or less gotten OVER it in my daily life *shrugs* my father was a selfish asshole, but there are times (like now) when family becomes SO freaking important, and I don't quite know how to handle it. And honestly, I don't even want to THINK about it too much because then I get all upset and bitter and sad that my father didn't have the decency (and still doesn't) to acknowledge me. I wouldn't even mind if he didn't want to halp raise me or donate any sort of financial assitance to my mother - but damn. And then I wonder about the REST of his family. On their side I'm the oldest female grandchild. I think. *shrugs* Ah well.
So. I don't know what I'm going to do with the family section. I might just swallow the icky feeling and make a family tree - even though it will be ugly and lopsided - it's true. And I have to say - the fruit is a good bit better than at least half the tree it feel from.

Jasmyn

No comments: