Monday, January 30, 2006

*blinks*

I always believed that if you could maintain a sense of wry humor about the things in your life that aren't quite the way you would like them to be, you will manage your way through life a hell of alot easier. Hey, I could be wrong, but it works for me. Along those lines (and in stark refusal to buy anymore winter clothes) I'm wearing black today. And, I think I'll be wearing black every Monday - and on Friday's RED .


So - the mysterious registed letter (I wish I was coming into some money too TR!!) - it was one of my ebay purchases - it was from overseas, and apparently the 'Proof of Delivery' thingy that you have to fill out so that there's no doubt of reciept ended up in the USPS's eyes as a 'registered' letter. *sigh* So, just some more lovely, wonderful, FIMO - nothing special.


Occasionally, just to torment myself (and to speed the workday along) I'll go windowshopping for a house on Realtor.com. Just ya know, to get an idea of what's out there, and what the prices are like, and how long houses stay on the market. So, I was doing that today, and fell in love (all over again) with this house that has been on the market for like - I don't know - 5 months maybe? The price keeps dropping - I think when I first saw it they was 124K, and now it's down to 103K. I don't know WHY I love this house so much - there is just something about the picture that calls to me. It's not a very fancy (or very big) house, and it's a little old, and a little rundown, but it's surrounded by trees, and it's got a good VIBE - at least the picture does. L is trying to convince me that I should go and look at it - eh, I don't know. I might. Maybe. Just to - see if the picture is really portying the house right, or if I'm just reading things into it.


Had a lovely weekend - friends came over, me & the hub had some quality time, we went out for lovely, lovely mexican (though I still haven't had any cerviche!!) It was peaceful - and interestingly enough didn't seem to fly by the way the weekends usually do - it felt like a full two days. *sigh*


 

No comments: