Thursday, January 12, 2006

Days Go By.....

So. Tommorow, around 9:10pm, I'll officially be 29.

It's - interesting, me getting older - esp with all else that has been happening to me and around me. Looking back over the years, I'm certainly NOT where I thought I would be at 29, but - I'm - happy with where I am. I have a husband whom I love (and loves me), I've got a job that pays the bills and a plan for the future. I've got friends, and joy, and love. I don't have kids - or a house - yet, but - I see that in our close future. And really - I'm - HAPPY, dare I say it?

What else? As I was just recently telling a friend of mine, these are the most boring days of my life ever - but I'm the happiest I've been in a long time. I'm working with a local doula as an apprentice - she/we have a client due on the 14th (or so her doc tells her, but she usually runs long) and wouldn't THAT be a birthday gift from heaven! Me & The Boy are applying to be on Amazing Race 10 - wouldn't THAT be just - fucking FABULOUS? My mommy is happily settled into her new house. We still only have one cat, but I figure that if we should get another, one will - land on our doorstep so to speak. I've been working out (have any of you guys heard of Tabata Intervals? They are MURDER, to say the least - but my new mantra is I can do ANYTHING for 20 seconds), I've been writing, I've been working on my small business Idea (outside of doulaing). Life is -  wonderful.

I've noticed that the years where my birthday (the 13th) falls on a Friday tend to be - interesting years - years of radical change - to say the least. :) Even though my life is boringly wonderful now - I could deal with some radical change, because I KNOW that the change will just shove me - us - further down the path to the rest of our life. :) And The Boy actually made it home in time for us to ring in the new year together - can you believe I almost forogt to kiss him? *laughs* It's been so long, I forgot about that delightful little bit of tradition. So - the year started well, it's been going well, - *smiles* and I see good things in our future.

Salud!

No comments: