Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Schemes, and other things.

So.


*laughs* I scared the holy hell out of C last night. I got home before he did, and I was sitting at the computer in my lounge wear. He gave me this look, then said "You DID go to work today, right??" I just looked at him and said "I think I'm gonna quit." *laughs* The expression on his face was PRICELESS. It was funny, if it wasn't so damn serious.


The original plan was to stay around here until our debt was paid off (Sept of 2007) which is like what - another year and a half? *rolls around laughing and crying* Um no, that is SOOO not going to happen at the rate things are going now. But - the thing is you see, is that once our debt is paid off, we can live on about 2000.00 a month - which would make me being a doula/midwife in training so much less stressful, as C's income alone can cover that nicely, and any money I made from clients could be split between household expenses and going back into the business. Anyhow.


Where I think I'm going with all of this is that what I NEED to be focused on is paying off the debt - more so than I already AM, of course. Since it's debt, not expenses, we can't trim them down - we just have to pay more on them. And that means another semi-steady source of income, and that means a *gasp* nother job for one (or both) of us. Now, C has already made it perfectly clear that he does NOT want to get a second job, and ya know, I really can't blame him. Second jobs suck - especially when they aren't REALLY required - which at this point, it isn't. But - I'm willing to get one (something I can do at home!!!) and dump any income from there onto the debtload. The more money I can make (doing - whatever!) the faster the debt can get paid off, and the faster the debt gets paid off, the faster I can escape this mindnumbing, soulsucking, energysink of a job.


Good heavens, I'm SOO bloody spoiled. Spoiled ROTTEN in fact. But - I know what I want, and I know it ain't this, and despite the fact that this ain't really all that bad - it sucks for me. And so, I'mma fix it - or at least try.


Wish me luck.

No comments: