Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sometimes.....

I sit and open my eyes reallllllly wide and stare at nothing.


I'm vaguely hyper, yet slightly sleepy, and mildly bored. Nothing to really jerk my chain, but just enough of nothing so that I'm aware that my chain is being pulled on.


There's always stuff that I think about doing online on my way TO work that I can't do AT work - but by the time I get home, I've forgotten what it was again. So, I have a notepad open that I jot down notes in, and email them to myself before I head home.


Frantic! Manic? I feel like I should be whipping and whirling around, a perfect paragon of productivity, and instead I'm rambling on OD - just to give my brain SOMETHING to do.


Any of you folks guru's with Microsoft Access? I'm stuck at a certain point, and it's driving me bloody bananas because I strongly suspect that I can DO what I want/need to do, I just don't know how.


I rummaged through the email that I had set up to get a job (emplykblack) yesterday, and found four emails from headhunters. Hmmm... they want my BRAINS.


I finally ordered doula business cards. I have to finish taking the certification training for the parttime work at home job I want. I need to go to kinkos and make some brochures, as well as find some nice lightweight cardboard so I can make brochure holders.


I went thrifting today (during my 2 hour lunch  - but shhhh - a meeting got out early) and while I did manage to score nicely as far as books go (I got some more 'mom' directed pregnany books) I couldn't find what I originally went looking for - wineglasses. Over the last *thinks* month or so, we have gone through FIVE wineglasses. I broke two, C broke two, and the last one got cracked in the dishwasher. I even went to PierOne, but they didn't have any WINEglasses - they had water glasses, which I could have fronted with, but dammit, I wanted WINEglasses. The Target that was right up the street closed (how scary is that? Tarjhay? closing?) otherwise I would stop trying to be all unique and thrifty and shit and just BUY a new set of six. But they are closed. Hmmm...ooohhh!! I should go to the William & Sonoma outlet store up on Perkins......they've gotta have some stylin wineglasses!! Hmm....maybe I'll go after work........

No comments: