Thursday, August 26, 1999

I sing a song....

Yesterday, I finally made it to the mall & used my HMV gift certificate to get Macy Gray & Meshell Ndegechello’s CD’s. Now… I’m listening to Meshell and… *thinks* her CD is so private. I feel like I am looking in on someone’s prayers and dreams. Her voice, soft & husky sucks you into the songs...and the slow guitar & harps in the background bring you down to a state of almost somnolent peace. She sings like she is casting her heart out into the world… she sings you down into peace and pulls you right back out into her pain. She sings about love and pain and hate and grace and bitterness and changes it all back around so that she is singing about you and her and praying that you both become whole.

She sings me
Into a prayer
Into a personal space
That opens to the world
She drifts
Into the memories
Of her own love
And I follow
Hopelessly
Entangled in the web
Of her honey voice
And diamond sharp tongue

So…I have been listening to this CD almost since I got it…tho I did slide in Janet’s Design of a Decade to clean. *sighs* I got almost the whole house done last night… I just have to clean the kitchen and organize my junky closet back into a semblance of decency and I will be done. I will most likely wash clothes tomorrow after I get in from class. Then my entire house will be clean. Although I am short on cash (I can pay the rent…but food might get a little tight) and I have to buy a book for ONE class that costs 108.00.. I am going to go to the dollar store and buy some candles for myself. I need to get some more incense too…but I am not sure where I can find that at. *sighs* I will NOT worry about the money…although I do need my books kinda badly. *thinks* I need to see how much I have left on my credit card. I might be able to get one book with that…
I love the internet… I have found ALL of my books for 260. All four of them. : ) *sighs* Now all I have to do is convince my mother to put them on her card and I will pay her back later…


Stay Jazzed.

No comments: