Friday, May 3, 2002

Wedding Woes

I think I may have changed my mind.  Maybe – just maybe – we can get married here and then  honeymoon in Jamaica.  If we limit the guest list to fewer than 40 people (half of what my original estimates were) and have a park wedding with chairs and an altar – we should be able to keep the price of the wedding under 2000.00.  Right now, I trimmed the guest list down to 36 – the really important people.  All family, or very close friends of the family.  If we have the reception in a restaurant (actually I was thinking of having it in a winery) – we should be able to feed everyone for less than 1000.00. 


It’s odd.  When I think of the wedding I don’t include stuff like my dress, or his outfit, or the rings or any of that jazz. All I think of is the ACTUAL event – because I know that is what is going to cost the most.  The main thing that I have not priced (and I am kind of scared to price) is the photography. *sighs* I wonder if LittleOne (an excellent photographer) would make that our wedding gift. 


I feel kinda bad because I’m doing this waffling back and forth without talking to Corey. I don’t think he really cares (or minds) where we get married – as long as we do. And if we have the wedding here – he can have the officiant that he wants to have – if he doesn’t have issues with marrying people outside.  I’m kinda liking this. 


The main reason I’m waffling? I realized that I don’t want to have to be concerned about entertaining ANYONE after I’m married. I want to have that quiet time where I drag my husband (oh! oh! oh!) off and hide out somewhere away from the chaos that our families are sure to develop.  If they are on the same small island – they are going to want to hang out and have fun WITH us…. why even cause that kind of chaos? Besides – figuring out where everyone can stay (singles who want an adults only place, singles who don’t care, gay couples, straight couples who have kids…..ad infinitum)  and pay the least and have all-inclusive - *rolls eyes* my GOD!


*grins* I think I have figured out an absolutely GRAND wedding date though – and I didn’t think of it until I was putting together the wedding webpage thingy on the Knot. The date could be Sept. 1 – the third anniversary of the day we met. Cool, eh? It is also Labor Day *grins*  which may present a problem to the yucky people who don’t want to take ONE day off to come to their relatives/friends wedding. Not that I have any of THOSE kind of people on my side – and I hope Corey doesn’t either – but it’s just the THOUGHT ya know? I have been reading way to many stories of women FORCED to become Bridezilla bitches because of idiotic family and friends.  I won’t won’t won’t!! I will cancel the wedding, STILL go to Jamaica and get married there before I let folx stress me out.


Boy – that felt good to get off of my chest.


Umm…. what else? I work tonight, I work tomorrow ( and close – how yucky). I still hate my job…but *shrugs* I’m willing to live with it. My fiancé is a sweetie, my cats love me, and the weather is slowly getting more and more spring like.


:) I can’t bitch but so much …even though I have started bleeding again. Of course – that is most likely cuz my dilly ass forgot to take her pills. Thank god I’m NOT on birth control. :)


Have a Happy Friday and a DAMN good weekend.  I will.



Jasmyn

No comments: