Monday, September 16, 2002

Gifts and the like...

So - we haven't registered yet, though we know what stores we WANT to register at (Target, Williams-Sonoma, Crate & Barrel and Pier One). People have already began to ask us if we have registered - which is cool as that means they plan on getting us stuff - but it's also kinda weird.

So - anyhow, my mother - being the wonderflly difficult woman that she is - decided that there is no way in Heaven's name that SHE (mother of the bride and all) was going to get us something from there. So - instead she said that she will buy us our wedding rings. *smiles* She said that she wanted to get us something that we would cherish and KEEP for all time. *big ole cheesy grin* So - naturally my eyes have gotten REAL big as far as what I want. *grins* So...I told Corey and he was REALLY excited about that (one of the big expenses we foresaw) and we think that we want to get matching bands. Of course - since my ring is funny shaped (it's a cross prong one) our bands won't be EXACTLY identical, but they will be close enough.



At first - I was thinking that I wanted to stick with just one ring - but I've changed my mind (even before her MOST generous offer) and want two. It feels so very MARRIED to have the two rings (at least to me it does). But - even though I LOVE my ring - there is something about the setting that drives me bonkers - and I didn't notice it till after it was set and dammit I wasn't going to start looking for a new setting at that point.



So - for the wedding I would LIKE to get a matching set - an e-ring setting that is almost identical to the one I have (but in platinum, maybe with some pave on it) and the matching band (so I won't have to drive myself batty trying to figure out what band will fit with it). I have as trong suspision that my mom doesn't know how much good jewelry can cost (she is NOT into sparkly stuff at all - don't know HOW she birthed me) so I will have to talk to her about her budget. Heh...cuz no matter WHAT it is - we will manage to spend it.



But that's exciting. And it's one of the few ways I would be willing to take money from her for the wedding -and even if her budget doesn't totally cover what we would want - I'm sure it would be a big ole chunk of it.

jasmyn

No comments: