Thursday, September 19, 2002

Random Stuff

Okay - these people at my site are making me NERVOUS!!! I get the recipit today (thank gaia they took out the right amount of money) and on it is says I reserved the OTHER site (the bigger, but not as cute one) rather than the one I really wanted. I freaked. I think I'm really turning into a bride. Of course - I called them a few moments ago, and he had just checked the wrong thing on the sheet. We are aware that I will be calling them once every month or so to confirm that I am still booked. They're gonna hate me. *sunny smile*



Stumbled across this HILARIOUS blog (you've GOT to look at her wedding planner).


It's odd - cuz I think I'm more or less done for a while. I do need to start getting together the stuff for the invitations, and start tormenting Corey more about finishing his half of the webpage - but other than that I'm sailing. I think that next month I will get the Sam's card (so that I can start shopping there and get a feel for what food and flowers they have) and order the paper and the envelopes.



I'm so freaking wishy-washy about the favors. Sometimes I'm like 'screw 'em' and other times I have this 'list' of things I think would be cool - but I'm the one getting married! Of COURSE I think they are cool. Okay - so the list is as follows:

1) Bamboo Parasols. The pros: Can be used as shade during the outside wedding, are cheap. The cons: Who the hell is going to want to KEEP the thing and have it cluttering up their house besides our grandmothers (who are willing to have almost ANYTHING cluttering up their houses).

2) Brass Bookmarks. The pros: Useful, small, is a nod to how we met (he walked up to me and asked me what I was reading. I needed a bookmark - get it??). The cons: The minimum order is 100 (we are inviting 80, but HOPING for 50 people to show),they are damn expensive, and most of our guests aren't the huge bookworms we are.

3) Tins of color coordinated M&Ms. The pros: Almost everyone likes M&M's - and for those few who don't, there are plenty more who will. The tins (aluminum with glass tops) can be reused for whatever (we all need itty bitty junk holders) and are easy to transport back home. The cons: I'd have to etch the top of each and every one of them - which I might want to start soon if I'm getting that. They are kinda expensive - more expensive than the parasols, cheaper than the bookmarks...and the biggest thing - it's just so STANDARD. *sigh* I might as well give out Jordan Almonds. *shudder*



I suspect that I will end up with either nothing or the candy - but we shall see. It's kinda scary that I can no longer say "Oh - it's over a year away - I've got TIMEEEEEEEEE". *sigh* Yeech.

And Corey has STILL not asked the officiant or the baker. I'mma hurt him.



Jasmyn

No comments: