Tuesday, October 1, 2002

Conscious Bride

I think - I will call my mother. Tell her that Nee had the baby (a boy, 8lbs11oz - no name as of yet) and then somehow segue into asking her if she would be simply heartbroken if she wasn't there when I got married.



Me and the Luv talked about it yesterday - and he is perfectly peachy about running off. He doesn't care if his gramma is there, his mother - well he would like her there, but she might be incapacitated - and his brothers - I don't think either shall really care. I would love to have Nee (but with a baby is she REALLY going to want to travel) and Mitchell and Leon and JJ there - but it's not super crucial...and all of them are on the broke side of poor. What it really comes down to - while me wouldn't miind having others there with us, it's really all about us. And to try to force ourselves to have the event that everyone but us wants - it's not really right.


And the biggest sign to me that this is really what I want? I'm not fretting over losing the 300.00 deposit I put down on the site. It would be worth it to get it right.
Mind you - if my mother has a fit - maybe we can just invite her down. Or *rolls eyes* go back to the UTTERLY original plan - invite everyone - let them know it's in Jamaica - give listing of places to stay - and see who shows up - esp. since I now know that my grandmother wil come anywhere I get married at.



Not sure. Not sure. Just plain not sure.

Jasmyn

No comments: