Tuesday, December 3, 2002

Sparkly Warklies....

Is there any time limit before which you shouldn't buy the wedding rings? There's no jinxy type superstition stuff, is there?? I found the rings (680 for the pair!!!) that we want - and they are on sale...and I really want to get them...but should you order the rings like way early? *shrugs* This is going to be our ring






And the only difference between his and mine is that his will be bigger. They are 4mm wide, so it won't look too girly. :) The only thing I'm concerned about is the fact that the band of my engagement ring is already close to 5mm at the widest point, and that's a LOT of metal on my finger. I'm debating switching the e-ring to my right hand, or just getting another thinner setting for the stone. Also, because of the design of my ring, only a custom made band will sit flush with it, so even if I DID wear them on the same finger, it would 'tilt' because the prongs push out from under the stone. Choices, choices.




Other Random Stuff:

We got the contract from the Flamingo in the mail this weekend, and I really need to sign it and send it back - like tonight.

We're debating if we want a DJ at the reception. It's going to be a brunch, and if I had my druthers (and a wee bit more money) I would prefer just a band - background music on demand. We don't need a master of ceremonies as there won't be a garter throw, or a bouquet toss, and the cake cutting we can announce ourselves, and our first dance song would be lovely with just instrumentals. Choices, choices.

I'm still dragging my feet about going out to look for a dress. I STILL don't know what kind of dress I want. I waver between a white or ivory 'Maggie' like dress (with the side wrap - not the corsety kind) and a simple flowing gold or reddish dress like the one I posted a while ago. I would look fabulous (and feel bridal) in either one - it's just ARGH. Do I want to be traditional? Or do I want to be all unique and stuff? I think me wearing a white bridal dress would actually suprise more folx than me wearing a non-bridal dress would.

I have 50 magnetic business cards for anyone who wants them. :) I realized that as all the printers I have access to are LASER printers, and you can't run the magnet sheets through a laser printer. *sigh* So, I'm going to have to buy the peel off and stick kind instead. I'll print the image on glossy photo paper, then stick them on. Hopefully, it will look about the same. The only 'fun' part is going to be doing the cutting. I swear - the things I DO to myself. :)

jasmyn

No comments: