Monday, January 5, 2009

Out of the dust....

*blows away the dust*

It's a new year. Welcome, 2009! I actually made a resolution this year - Change. Simply that. That will be my mantra, my focus, my meditation, for the year.

I've already created my work calendar (gods bless Excel!) and found a wide variety of monthly quotes all based on change to inspire me through the month.

So. In the spirit of change, I'm dusting off this blog. I've been doing a lot of talking - and thinking - and haven't been fully exploring and recording the thoughts/ideas/concepts I've been having - and that is something I do not want to get in the habit of.

Each month, I want to focus on two things in each area of my life to change, and I want to have a place of accountability, for each.

For the month of January:

Creatively, I still haven't decided what my 'second' change will be. My first is writing 1000 words a day, starting with NEC and/or a poem, a day. My second.... hrm. I think I would like for it to be blogging here - but what about? I'll find - something - to give me a daily inspiration/something to think on. I will maintain accountability here and in the LYCD thread.

Spiritually, I'm going to start meditating every morning. I'm also going to start working on my BoMP - I don't want to procrastinate the way I did with 2nd. I will maintain accountability here.

Physically, I'm going to work out 5 days a week, and I'm going to wake up at 7am to make a lunch to take to work with me. I will maintain accountability in the FFF thread.

Financially, I'm going to aim towards spending 20 dollars a week, outside of gas, and saving 20 dollars a week for my tattoo/piercings. I will maintain accountability, here.

I also want to establish weekly 'mini-goals', of things that I can do in each arena - I figure that will keep things interesting/active.

Week 1:
C: Find a daily inspiration for blogging/poetry
S: Memorize one morning prayer
P: Create a weekly lunch menu
F: Recreate a penny book

So. I think that's it, for right now. I'm going to open RD to serve as a reminder, and I'm going to go and look for blog inspirations. I hope to post here, at least once a day.

Change.

No comments: