Thursday, January 8, 2009

WOD3 - Rationale

I think that life, in general, tends to go smoother when you have a rationale for what you do, how you react, and how you think. That could be an aspect of my logically oriented mind, but - damn, sometimes it seems like some things are straightforward.
Some things are simple. Some thing just are - and you can ignore them, claim exceptions, tapdance a hulahoop around them, but it doesn't change the way it is.
And, it puzzles me, I guess it the best word, that some people really don't accept that fact. It's not that they are crazy, but they are living in their own world, built from denial, and when their world slams itno reality and cracks the image - it's everyone else's fault but their own.
I strive to be logical. I know I'm not perfect, so there are huge gaps - huge faultlines, in fact, between the woman that I strive to be, and the woman that I currently am. Some, I've looked into, and faced forthrightly. Others, I'm still dancing around. And I'm sure there are some that I truly haven't even noticed yet. But - at least I'm making the effort to look, and see.

Part of the reason that I'm able to make the effort is because I don't have to focus all of my mental energy on just living. On just negotiating my community, my relationships, my work to try to keep them all tettering just on the edge of destruction. I'm not saying my shit is tight, but overall, it's stable.

Can there be clear thinking in the midst of chaos? Be it internal or external - can the time be made to actually - think - when you are in the ye of the storm? I think that the answer has to be no - the human mind isn't wired that way. Monkey brain demands that you survive, then think. And if you have been socialized into believing that every day is a survival situation (whether it is one, in reality, or not) then you'll never be able to clearly think.

No comments: