Wednesday, January 7, 2009

W1/D3

S: Checked out my Book of Egyptian Prayers, and found an excellent prayer/call/hymn/worship for Djehuty - only a couple of lines, and I have it memorized, already. Now, to cocreate one for Ma'at.
I know that what I'm doing - in choosing to worship Ma'at - is - anachronistic. I'm not sure that's the right word, actually. It's not authentic. The AE's didn't really worship her as a goddess in her own right - there are few hymns to her, there are no temples in her honor, and even those refered to as her priests, were actually judges and not really priests, at all.
At the same time, she was the energy - the unifying myth - of AE culture. Hrm. Perhaps that is why there is no separate center of worship for her - your life, if lived rightly, was a act of worship of Ma'at, in toto. Hrm. I'll have to think over that, a bit more.

C: Still using my daily prompt - it feels very forced, though. Very dry. I think that as I continue to do it, I'll get more into the flow of it, and get more 'loose' and yet more focused at the same time.
I haven't touched NEC, at all. *sigh* I'm at a point of the story where I could go a couple of different directions. I can, right now, throw in several different twists, and that is what has me - I won't say stuck, but stalling. Maybe I can finish out this chapter a couple of different ways, and see which one grabs me more. Maybe.

P: Haven't even thought about the menu - had McD's for dinner last night and lunch today, no clue what dinner will be tonight. Actually, I take that back. I have a whole horde of frozen chicken breasts in the freezer at home. I'll have DH grill up about 10 of them, and then I'll cut them up, refreeze them, and bring them to work, along with a bottle of my favorite salad dressing. That way, all I have to do before bed is tear up some lettuce, chop some tomato and cucumber, and slide it into a bowl. I actually do want to stop at BigLots or something - maybe Friday night - and pick up a big bowl with a lid that will be exclusively for my lunch salads.

F: Spent 13 bucks and some change last night on McD's (4 meals @ ~3.25 each), and I'm going to spend 6 bucks on the Powerball tonight. I considered going to WholePaycheck before Realm last night, but opted not to. I don't really need any danngone AO, and I have the J/A/S/O/N at home that I haven't even opened yet. I'll be fine.
Also, I've decided what I'm saving up for - I want one of the alarm clocks that measures what stage of REM you are in, and wakes you up then. Though, if I keep waking up at 5am (5:30ish today), I might just get up then!



No comments: