Monday, October 22, 2001

The Weekend - A Recap

The weekend the weekend – This weekend was full of exciting bits and pieces of fun.


Starting with the fact that  I did not have to go to the UK.. I mean really, what could be better than THAT??  *evil grin*  And of course the minor sniping I suffered *rolls eyes* fecking idiots.  But… I’m done with that.
Highlight of the weekend: I went to my first wedding!  My friend Angel finally got married to her man… it was lovely.  I realized however, that I am a fashion snob.  Corey is a food snob, I am a fashion snob, and mercy knows it will be interesting. But that aside,  it was a lovely wedding. I cried (and I really didn’t think I would, but it was just SOOOO touching) and I’m glad I went.  


However, I have realized that I am going to have to change a few things in my wedding.  *sighs*  I don’t want any mention of Jesus Christ in my vows.  I barely want any mention of God, but I can work my mind (and my mouth) around that.   Corey suggested that we get married in his home church - *shrugs shoulders* Okay…I guess.   I don’t think that I want to have a religious ceremony at all.  Just our vows to each other, and the legality.  I haven’t quite figured out how to word this to him…but I will. *laughs* I have plenty of time, eh?  I am so not Christian, and I don’t want the wedding to default to a Christian one. I am independent enough to be able to figure out a way to make it just as beautiful a ceremony without bringing Christ into it.  *sniffs*


We finished moving all of Corey’s stuff into the apartment Sunday.   *shrugs*  All I can say is that it’s going to be interesting.  He is SUCH a moody man ( and I have known this for a while) but I will have to get batter and just acknowledging his moods without having them ruin my own mood… whatever it may be.  *yawns* This is going to be a true learning experience. 


Okay… off to work now – as I would hate to neglect my job to play about in the OD. *sniffs*


Stay Jazzed.

No comments: