Thursday, December 14, 2000

The OD Survey (yes...I'm bored again)

1) How many diaries are on your favourites list? 62
2) How many of them are the same sex as you? 41
3) Are they generally older, younger or about the same age as you? A range, very few younger though, and only by a year or two
4) How often do you have conversations with fellow diarists purely in note from? Full blown conversations? None…a few brief chats though
5) Are your favourite diarists more or less important to you than your "real" friends (i.e. the ones you have met in person)? Apples and oranges.
6) Did you object to the use of the word "real" in the above question? Yes…most of my favorites are my friends, or at least we have some sort of bond.
7) Has receiving that special note or notes made your day? If so, how often? *grins* I’m a note junkie so getting ANY note makes my day.
8) When reading other people's diaries do you stick to your favourites, click on random, read the diaries of the people who leave you notes, or what? All of them.
9) Do you or have you ever suffered from depression in any form? Possibly for a brief span of time
10) Would you say that the average OD diarist is happier or sadder than you? Sadder, much much sadder.
11) Do you ever worry that your OD persona appears to be more popular than you are in "real life"? *laughs* sometimes…Jazzy can be a handful.
12) How many times have you changed:
a) your diary style: I don’t remember… 6? 8?
b) your diary description: hmmm……3 or 4 I think.
c) your diary or user name: My user name once…my diary name? Twice I think.
13) Why did you change them? Jaguara just wasn’t me anymore…I got bored with the other diary name.
14) Would you, or have you, ever met another OD user in the flesh? I haven’t..at least not one that I didn’t know before the OD, but I would love to.
15) Do you e-mail many people from OD? Occasionally.
16) How much do you censor your diary? Very little.
17) Is this because you are worried about people you know reading about it or is it just that some things should not be written about? Umm..more because I am in denial and would prefer to not write about certain things.
18) Approximately what proportion of your diary entries consist of surveys? Ummm… I would have to say under 5%.
19) How many of these did you write yourself? Most of the entries, but the ones I didn’t write I say so…none of the surveys, most (if not all) of the poetry.
20) How different are you from what you imagine your diary readers perceive you as? Very little…I think I might seem a lot more neurotic on here than I really project in person.

No comments: