Friday, November 17, 2006

MErh.

Have been meaning to write for a few days, but just plain haven't - don't know why - I might be hitting one of my quiet times.

Let's see - I tried my usual Wednesday DC - oil, honey and conditioner, and STILL ended up with dreadfully tangled and rough ends. I think now that either I'm using too MUCH oil, or my ends are crying out for a good trimming. I REALLY want to wait til next month and do it by the moon, but I'm not sure that my ends can really handle that - at least not without some help.

So! I'm sitting here right now with a nice thick amla/cassia/CASH/conditioner mix on my head - the cassia I got a while ago in a swap, and it's old, but I figure that it should still give me a nice bit of conditioning, and hopefully thicken & stregthen my hair. I purposely made it PRETTY darn thick, so that I could focus it on my ends more than on my roots - I think I've learned my lesson about henna/cassia & my roots. It's a good bit grittier than the henna from mehendi too - so it'll be 'interesting' to wash out...

They suggest that you only leave it on for an hour - Murph! I think I'll leave it on for about two-three hours, and then do a nice DC overnight with my new conditioner that I got today - it's V05 Split Ends conditioner - it claims to protect hair from breakage and split ends, and is cone free - and was MONDO cheap at Family Dollar, so I'm stoked about that.....though - I'm thinking that since it has protiens in it, I most likely shouldn't put any honey in it - after reading RainKitty's thread about 'flaky' results with honey - I'm thinking that mixing honey & protien might not be the BEST idea for my hair right now. So - just con and CASH and citric acid - and just a wee bit of the last two!

Ah! That's what I wanted to talk about - I did a swap with EbonyGurl000 and got more Whipped Pudding (WP, how I :love: thee!) and some Burnt Sugar Pomade. Now, the BSP does NOT smell like caramel - which is kinda what I was expecting - and I wasn't really sure how I felt about the smell. Finally - I figured out what it DID smell like - caramelized/burnt HONEY. With that awareness, I'm digging the smell a little more - it's VERY strongly honey smelling. And I love it, by the way - I smooth it over my flat twists after getting out of the shower in the morning, and tie my hair down for the drive to work, and my hair is sleek, shiny, and smooth for most of the day - longer if I can keep my hands out of it!

I've put together most of my SHT's goodie box - I REALLY hope that she likes this stuff - I STILL haven't gotten the centerpiece, but I emailed the person I was getting it from, and she SAID it was in the mail, so I'm hoping that it'll be here Saturday - or maybe Monday. *crosses fingers* Hmmm - I need to find a box to put all this stuff in.

*grins* Have a good weekend!!

No comments: