Wednesday, November 1, 2006

2444!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrggghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So yeah, I went all beastly on my first day of Nano. So far, I'm actually having FUN. As I was falling asleep last night (at 10pm, cuz I'm an old fogey) (actually, it was all my husbands fault, as he's up to hijinks, and therefore I had to come to work early today) all sorts of additional, extra-special, utterly brilliant plot ideas came to me. So far, I'm sticking with my starting idea of a murder mystery, but because no matter how hard I try, I ALWAYS manage to end up writing a sci-fi/fantasy book, I just gave in, and made them vampires.  Ohhhh yeah.  *LOL* And they're a poly triad... oohh yeah! And - one of them is going to get knocked off by another one - can you say, the love is gone?? Mwuaahahaha!!!

So - this is my goal.  I'm going to write each chapter in the form of  'Number of the Beast' by Heinlien, where each chapter was first person view from a different one of the main characters.  I now have four MC's.  I figure each chapter should be at LEAST 2k words - so that way, it's easier for me to write a big chunk in one fell swoop.  I want to get all my writing done at work, and do other stuff (research,  timelines - which I already need one of!) at home.  Writing 2K words a day will still leave me a little short if I don't write on weekends - so I'm planning on 3K words over Saturday/Sunday.

Um....what else, what else? Ah! I've come up with a title: "Triads and Tribulations" *dies laughing* *clears throat* Um, yes.  And there will be Sex! And Murder! And Money! And I utterly refuse to think about this at all, because then I'll get bogged down in my right brain and this is the left brains turn to go, go, go!

And I must go, and eat, as my tummy doesn't care about word counts.

Bummer.

No comments: