Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Nano Survey (cuz, Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!)

Look everybody, it’s a NaNoWriMo survey! Stolen from the everso fabulousTemmykins!

What’s your NaNoWriMo screenname? MindOfKiya - because it just sounded right
Why did you decide to do NaNoWriMo? Because I'm insane, obviously. Isn't that why anyone does this? But no, really - I'm doing it to see if I can.
Have you outlined your book’s plot? Plot? What is this thing you call a plot? Hmmm?
What genre will your book most likely fit into? Insane babblings....seriously. I've been having dreams lately, and whhhhooooohooo. While my intial thoughts were a mystery, um....well. Let's just say it's - getting interesting.
What’s the title of your book? Title?? What is this thing you call a title??? Hmmm??
What music will you listen to when you write? Instrumentals usually - oohhh. I need to put together an iPod playlist for Nano!! I get distracted if there are words... ohh butterfly.....
What’s in your NaNoWriMo survival kit? Large amounts of instant sleep, a computer, pens, paper, cloves (if I was still smoking), a thesarus and a dream journal. Hey, if Stephen King can do it, why can't I??
How many writing buddies do you have? 10? 11?
Do you honestly think you’ll win NaNoWriMo by writing 50,000 words in a month or less? Ummm....the only RIGHT answer is yes. A better question would be - will I still be SANE by December 1st?
Do you have any tips for fellow Nanos? DON'T REREAD YOUR WORK UNTIL IT'S DONE!! Esp. if you are an editing freak like me, because you will lose more time rewriting than you will writing. Keep notes of maor plot arcs, and be willing to scrap them in a second for a really FUNNY idea. Warn your family and loved ones that you will be walking around in a muttering, heavylidded stupor that only raises when you are in front of a computer - and TALK to the other Nanos - we'll keep each other sane.
Make a NaNoWriMo pledge here and now in front of all these witnesses. I pledge to write 2000 words a day - words that fit into a sentence structure (unless it's mad crazy dialouge) - words that are in English (unless you know, their Martians or something) words that - words that make me laugh - even if it's in that 'Oh my god, what was I SMOKING???!!?!??' sort of way. Cross my heart and hope to win.

No comments: