Monday, October 2, 2006

Little Things

My rings are getting slightly looser - they feel more like they are supposed to feel, and less like they are the endcaps on a flexible sausage.

My eating = dreadful. Just utterly. And we aren't even going to TALK about the drinking. But - I've been exercising like a maniac (maniac! on the dance floor!). Lifting weights (painful though it is) is downright pleasureable for me....it's a very SATISFYING feeling - a creamy contentment slides over me after I finish working out - the feeling of a difficult job well and gracefully done.

I stepped on the scale today (I know, I know!! - it was in my way, and it's going in the closet tonight!) and looked at the number, (which I'm purposely not noting) and it didn't really - mean anything. It was a number. Not an ugly number, not a pretty number - just a number.

Went grocery shopping Sunday, picked up some soymilk and some whole wheat tortillas - I need to figure out a good portable way to eat them. Hmmm - I need to see if the yogurt I have at home is still good, and I'll make some Tziki....

My boobs are fitting into the bra better too. And my back is starting to break out - the oddest (yet most reliable) sign of weightloss I have.

Happy am I, but aware that this is just the first bit of pleasure on a very LONG journey.

No comments: