Monday, October 16, 2006

So, I played this weekend.

I made this mixture:
2/3 cup of honey
1/3 cup of avg
a cup of oil (I'm thinking of using 1/3 shea, 1/3 coconut, and 1/3 palm)
2 tsp of citric acid.

I melted the solid oils, and mixed everything together - then poured it into a glass jar, and let it cool, giving it a healthy shake every now and then to be sure that it would stay together.

I slapped that on my head Friday night (what IS it about AVG that as soon as it hits my hair, it turns into liquid and drip, drip, drips EVERYWHERE???), and then, slapped a regular conditioner + honey on top of it Saturday morning.

Did things, did things, then rinsed my hair out Saturday afternoon, and mixed together some of the goo, plus some HH, plus some ACS oil, plus some African Royale MOM, and put that in my hair (focusing on the ends) and flat twisted them tight.

Sunday, I woke up to take them out - and realized that I had made a REALLY good gel. MAJOR hold. MAJOR hold - I'm thinking there is too much honey in the mixture - man!
So, hopped BACK in the shower, rinsed it out, combed my hair out with some Humectress (I gotta admit, that stuff DOES work nicely when it's used quickly), and then re-moisturized my hair with some HH, and put it into my 'work' style.

Is not being able to make a straight part for ANYTHING a sign of having thick hair? I part, and part, and part, and there is STILL hair in the middle of my parts. *sigh* It might just be the fact that I'm not super used to it yet.

Anyhow - I LIKE the HoneyGoo, but it's TOO hard. So - I'm going to mix some cocoa butter, more shea butter, and a touch of mango butter into it - basically turn it into KCC, and see if that has a WEE bit less hold.

My hair has also DEFINITELY grown longer - I think that I can update my length back to 7 inches! *happy dance* I'm really thrilled by that - I can TELL that it's growing, considering the 2+ inches of roots that I have, but after the trims and my breakage - having additional length is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

No comments: