Thursday, October 26, 2006

Um, why am I doing this to myself AGAIN?

See - this is one of the reasons that NaNo makes me want to pull my hair out - I'm always torn between going with the flow and seeing what I sqeeuze out 11/1, versus plotting my ass off, and having a detailed outline BEFORE 11/1.
I've done it both ways before - plotting and no plotting - and I've still never won. The plotted one was fun - it's actually one of the ones that I need to pick back up, but I got so SICK of it (it was pap, really) that I put it down, and have never started back on it, because to do that I'm going to have to read what I wrote, and if I read, I'm going to hae to edit/rewrite, and if I do that - well, the whole damn thing is going to go downhill from there.

And then, there's the fact that I don't even know what GENRE I'm going for this year. I'm done sci/fi twice, chick lit once....and I really don't want to do either this year. I was thinking about going straight for romance (which really would be a bit of cheating, as they are SOOOOO formulaic), or maybe - and this is tugging on me - just maybe, I'll do a mystery. I've never written a mystery - never tried to write one. I'm not a big mystery READER, but I love Law & Order, CSI, New Detectives, Forensic Files, the whole nine. I've got a VAGUE idea of a plot - very vague. No characters, no location (I kinda wanna cheat and work some outside interests into Nano, so that whatever I'm boning up on to write about, I'll actaully need to be using outside Nano - so that'll most likely determine my characters/locations).......

So. The plot I have, I'm almost certain has been used before, but I'm thinking of doing a double twist........

The idea is that Lisa has commited suicide, but framed Jane for her murder, but in reality, Oscar killed Lisa AND framed Jane.... (the names were totally pulled out of my booty, and will NOT actually be used).

*grins* Murder is easy. Means, Motive, Opportunity. I can get creative with the suicide, creative with the levels of twisted motives, and I think I'll start backwards - it's always more fun to start with the dead body, isn't it?

Hmmm - I wonder if that is the plot of the OD Murder Mystery? Dammit...that would suck - though I know where I got the idea from - it was a conversation me & one o mah bois were having about Hiphop - and I said that hiphop was dead... he said that hiphop was murdered by rap - but I was thinking that it was a willing participant in it's own murder - so really, hiphop commited suicide, and let rap take the fall for it. But - in reality - greedy record executives murdered hiphop, and set up rap to take the fall... so - yeah..... music.

Okay..... *wanders off muttering about blunt objects*

No comments: