Sunday, October 29, 2006

Wealth.....

I woke up at 9:45 this morning, delightin in the feeling of sleeping luxuriously late...and realized once I got downstairs that it was actually 8:45 - and I felt as if I had a wealth of time.

I puttered around the house, doing my hair, cleaning the kitchen, building (or at least getting a damn good start on) a compost bin - and I felt as if I had a wealth of comfort in my home.

I cooked, stirring the sauce and the veggies and the meat, and set them aside, waiting for the ricotta that hubby is bringng home to be turned into a rich, meaty, juicy lasagna, and as I grazed through the fridge and the cupboard for dessert ideas, and I felt as if I had a wealth of food.

I watched 'Minature Earth' yesterday, I think it was... and one line caught my eye.

"If you have a fridge, and food to put in it....if you have a closet, and clothes to hang in it....if you have a bed, and a roof to go over it - you are amoung the richest 5% of people in the world...."

No matter how 'tight' things may appear to be - I am SO blessed, so wealthy, so loved, so fullof joy that sometimes I have to really sit down, and enjoy it - enjoy it with AWARENESS - the bliss of being rich.....and the comfort of being loved.

*hugsforeveryone*

Yes. It's been sunny for the last two days, and I've spent as much time out in the sun as I could, and MY!! That was just the medicine my spirit needed.

No comments: