Thursday, October 12, 2006

My thighs.......

are rubbing together!!

Okay - normally that is something that women tend to weep and gash their teeth about - but for me, it's a GOOD thing, as they usually just STICK together - there ain't enough room between them to even rub. I was walking through Target a few days ago, and was sweating (damn weather!) and realized - holy shit!! My THIGHS are rubbing together!!

Another exciting thing - my pooch is getting 'floppier' which means there is less fat 'plumping it out, and my skin hasn't quite caught up just yet. And! The nasty little folds over my elbows when I have my arms at my sides are MUCH smaller - almost gone.

I comment on all of this - BEFORE I mention that I got on the scale, and saw that I had gained 6 pounds. Say WHAT??? But then, I thought about how muscle takes up more room than fat, and how new muscle is VERY heavy because it's holding onto water in order to restore itself. So I'm pleased.

My fitness trainer is an evil, evil man, who I appreciate the living hell out of, because I haven't seen results like this in - in ever, really. And I'm challenged to push myself a little futher, and a little harder, as long as it doesn't feel DANGEROUSLY painful - and I'm trying to stretch my limits of what that is.

I still don't like cardio, but - it's a needed thing. It's interesting - I'm starting to suspect that I'm one of those people who can build muscle easily - but who also LOSE it at the drop of a hat. So.... from that..... I've made an inner decision. I'm going to work towards becoming a 'figure' competitor. Yes, I know I'm horribly fat, and overweight, and short - but I'm going to work towards it. The very WORST that could happen is that I'm skinnier (and healtheir and in better shape) than I've ever been in my life. The very best? Who knows.

No comments: