Tuesday, November 23, 1999

Love Bonds

It seems like everyone has been raving over the new OD look… : ) I like it… I like it a lot, but somehow I don’t wanna talk about that right now. I have a whole nother range of things that I want to talk about right now..dealing with love and friends and the bonds that you never knew you had until you forget they are there.
I have friends and acquaintances scattered across America… and I have connection to them al… whether it may be a rare hello or a piece of email..somehow they or I reach out to touch the other. And I treasure those connections, and those that are platonic I treasure even more. Mainly because so much of my life has been wrapped up in sex and it’s associated lack of thought that when I find a connection that is free of sex yet still strong….that is something unspeakably precious to me. Today.. I was fighting to preserve to friendships that have grown on me. One a straight male… one a gay female. *nods * ummhmmm they are both trying to bring something extra into it that I am not interested in…nor am I ready for. : ) My relationship quota has been utterly filled… and I don’t even want to think of someone else… in any way, shape or form. : ) Any way…. then I was talking to Little one ( yeah it has been a while since his name came up hasn’t it) and I realized that there is a level of comfort ther again… that fora while I was afriand we would never have. * sighs * I have truly missed him…and I am simply overjoyed to have the little piece of him that I have now back in my life. It is the little things that make life worth living…

As I was walking home tonight… I passed thourgh a dark spot.. no street lights, no headlights.. just the pebbled pattern of the road and the silver blue light of the full moon. There was nothing but me & the moon and the sky and a few brave stars that shone through the smog. I stood there for a while and let all of my worries go… let all of my fears float away …let my self be retruned to myself and be made whole again. I bathed in the moonlight and the cool air…waiting for some sign that all was well with me. Then a shooting star whipped across the sky.. and for a second I felt like I could fly with it and carry myself to everyone that I have ever loved and will ever love and touch each of them and remind them of our love. Then I returned to me and found that I still had a bit of the sprakle of the star in my eyes, and I had a bit of the lightness of air in my step, and I had the peace of moonlight in my heart.

Stay Jazzed.

No comments: