Monday, February 14, 2000

Roses have thorns ya know....

if i say i love you
on the wrong day
does it matter to you
does it make the love go away?
if i give you flowers
pale blue instead of red
does it give you the right
to sigh and shake your head?
if it really matters…when i say it
and not why
you aren't worth my love
cuz it could all be a lie

So valentines day…it makes me no matter
To me all there should be
is love
and laughter
every day in every way and
for sometimes no reason at all
be assured it's true
i don't need a special day
to say I love you.

Do I think Valentines Day is a creation of card & candy & gift makers along with their friends the florist?? No… I think it is an excuse used my people everywhere… in America at least to say I love you. It is the one day out of the year that you are 'forced' if you even halfway pretend to give a damn about somebody (and you buy into it) you have to say I love you… no matter how you may feel… or whether you are really ready. I wonder how many people break up over saying the wrong thing… in the wrong way.. at the wrong time.. on this one day? I wonder how many men wonder what the hell they have gotten themselves into… and how many women doubt whether they have done the right thing? I wonder most of all.. why we NEED a day that is set aside to say I love you… shouldn't that be a daily thing? I mean..between lovers especially…and sometimes even friends… saying I love you should be something natural something easy.. not something that an entire day has to be set aside for. It almost seems like an insult to me… you can't say this and really mean it until this day… or this day means more than any other.. * sighs* I think I am rambling here so I will stop….

Stay Jazzed

No comments: