Friday, August 16, 2002

Dresses

Okay. So last night, while I was at LB (being bored) I was thinking about dresses. I have only worn two or three really 'formal' gowns - but I know jsut from clothing what does and does not look good on me. However, I was having the HARDEST time actually visualizing what my gown would look like. At a lull - I went to one of the big mirrors and pulled my hair up ( i rarely wear it up cuz it iwsn't really long enough to look right just yet) just to see what it would looke like. I looked REALLY cute (suddenly more bridal) and I had a vision of what my dress MIGHT look like. I'm pretty stuck on the 'no white, no ivory' but almost everything else shifted.




To start with - I would like this kind of sleeve/neckline (off the sholder - NOT strapless - I couldn't think of what it was called) and the bodice. See how it has all the pretty embroidery on it?





Then - the skirt I like would most likely be an A-line. Not a super full one (a medium to small crinoline) with a nice sized train. The train bit suprised me as I just didn't see myself in one - but hey - I do like the whole princess bit. I like this skirt:



but, I think that I like this one better (and it shows the train - I think I would want it a TINY bit longer unless it's all bunched up bhind her).




Now this dress I actually like overall - The shoulders, the little sleeve thingys, the skirt, the train - but it's by Brigdette Moore and it had a $$ next to it (Affordable- $601-$1500) in the Knot - so ouch. It cracks me up that a 1,500 gown is still considered afforadable. *sigh*




as for color - I think I want gold. Not like gold Lame gold, or even the common satiny colored gold. I think something like one of these colors would be really nice. I put them in order of the shades that I like best.








Of course - this would be SO much easier if I just took my tail to the store and tried some dressed on - but I honestly don't WANNA! Besides the fact that I'm a 20-22(18-20 on a GOOD day) and thus anything I put on is going to look oddly warped - I've noticed that the only dresses most boutiques even seem to HAVE in a 14/16/18 are the not-so-attractive-to-me 'plus size' gowns. Gah. So. I'm gonna wait for a little while...keep working out and watching what I eat and drinking my water - and try dresses on around January. If I manage to find my dress by Feb. that still gives me 8 months to get it, get fitted (rolls eyes) and be set for the wedding...

PS.

Just found this dress. THIS is the color. Right here. *sigh* It's called Antique Gold.






jasmyn

No comments: