Tuesday, August 20, 2002

Hachet Job

I just took an axe to my guest list...and there are still too many people on there (for me).

I was talking to another bride, on another board - and she was talking about how she wants to elope. And that sent me back to thinking about how I pictured the wedding in the first place - very few people, very little hoohah - just me & the boy getting hitched. And I know that I'm slowly getting sucked into making it a big hoohah - and I'm not sure why.

My inital dream? No more than 20 people...but I know that's not going to happen because Corey's family alone is more than 20 people. However, I axed the ' & guests' off of everyone (unless they were married or had been together for over two years). And I'm still hoping that the 'friends' of the family all say no. I really wouldn't mind them NOT coming. Really. I wouldn't. The only people that I TRULY want/need there are Mitchell, Nee, Leon, JJ, my mother and my grandmother. That's it. From Corey's family - the only people that he REALLY wants there are his two brothers and his mother. Of course - since his family lives less than 2 hours away - the whole kit & kaboodle is coming (which adds up quickly). *sigh*

So. Don't know where that came from - it's not that I'm tired of planning (most is done and it still feels fun :)) it's more that I'm concerned that what we end up with will be something more than what we really wanted..




Okay - on to more cheerful things. We were thinking of having bookmarks for favors - something sweet that speaks to how we met. Instead though - I'm thinking we should have paper parasols - painted on one side with the symbol and on the other side with the date and our names. A nice stencil for both and a can of gold and burgandy spray paint and it will be all set. And - they will be useful as it will provide shade for the guests as they sit and the ceremony procedes. Besides - they are a hell of a lot cheaper. :) This is them:

and they open up to be about 32 inches. :) 24.95 a dozen...

What else? I'm still pondering the whole dress issue. GAH! I don't know. I think I'm just going to push it out of my head for right now - I've got a while to go before I can really start to seriously think about it. If I can't find anything - I WILL wear the cream and gold prom dress that I have - it can double as a causal wedding dress with ease. I need to get it cleaned...dear god.

jasmyn

No comments: