Tuesday, August 6, 2002

WHA, Wha, whhhhaaaaaaaaaa???

Okay - I'm addig up stuff and I SWEAR I'm being as penny pinching as I can be - without food we're already up to 2650.00. HUH?? How the hell did THAT happen??? Though I have to admit - our site plus all the doodads (extra chairs, tablecloths, the help, eating stuff (which I guessed the price at so I might be over compensating) and decorations) is about half of that. The stationary, flowers and other random crap takes up the rest. *sigh* And no, no photography has been included yet. Or my dress. Or the suit/tux. or...well you get the idea.

I got my paper samples yesterday (okay, actually I got the little notice saying they are waiting for me in the apt. office)- so I'm going to check those out, then bring one or two in to work tommorow and see if I can print these bloody things myself. That will most likely save about 200.00. *weep* The flowers we're doing (calla lillies for the bouquets and orchids for the corsages/boutonnaires) - the centerpieces I haven't decided on - I can't think of anywhere else to trim cuz I AM KEEPING MY SITE DAMMIT. *blinks* That felt nice.

Oh course - if I wasn't fighting with all my might to INSURE that me and the Boy go on a 7 day honeymoon this would be a lot easier. :) Heh. But dammit - I am. Okay. and of course - I'm hoping and praying there will be a nice fat lil sale going on like the one they have now when it's time for us to go. I figure we will book the honeymoon in May - so we shall see.

I read "Diary of a Mad Bride" last night - such a funny book. I had many sighs over the fact that she HAD an office of her own where she could get away with making wedding related calls at work. I swear - if it wasn't for the internet I would be SCREWED as far as planning this thing goes.
And naturally, I have utterly no intention of having my mother or his grandmother (heaven protect us!) helping us at all. Esp. with money from his grandmother. There would be waaaayyyy too many strings attatched to THAT little package. *grins* In fact - no one has any clue that we are THIS far along in the planning...and I plan on keeping it that way until at least late January - then I can spring it on them all suprising like. I think I'll start looking for a dress then too. I should have lost a good bit of weight by then.


MWA-AH-AH-AH-Ahhhhhh............

No comments: