Monday, August 12, 2002

Liars!

ARgh. So, I was right the FIRST time - you can't book the Hideaway until the Monday AFTER Labor Day. *sigh* *pout* Anyhow - I wouldn't have wanted to book it now anyhow, as you have to put down half the deposit within ten days, and I don't think the wedding fund (or either of our pockets) is quite ready for that. *Pouts* I want to schedule another time to go out there so that I can take some pictures and get a general idea of how to decorate the place.

The centerpieces have been bugging me. It's not really a 'fall' wedding - and the theme is not really one that lends itself to a centerpiece, and since the wedding is in the afternoon and the rooms that will have the tables set up in have either one or two walls of NOTHING but windows I think candles would look kinda silly. So - being the crafty little bugger that I am (and doing a little more unpacking) I came across my container of glass etcher and had the BRIGHTEST idea. I would get a bunch of the old school glass pitchers from thrift stores, etch them with the symbol (randomly three or four times), color the etched bit with either burgandy or gold glass paint, and then fill them with sangria or apple cider (the apple cider would go in the burgandy etched pitchers and the sangria in the gold etched ones)and put one of each on a table. Then - we could give them away to anyone who wanted one, or keep them. Thus - something colorful, something useful, something kinda cheap, and something that we can re-use afterwards.

What else going on wedding related? Ah! I went to David's Bridal this weekend (just to wander through) and I repeat - YEECCCHHH!! This time, it wasn't even the style of dress that bugged the be-jesus out of me, it was the fabric! The fabric feels like the absolute CHEAPEST polyester that they could find - with the crunciest chiffon. *gag* So - I see that I shall NOT be getting my dress from there. I came home and rummaged through my closet for the prom dress that my mother made me - and oh mercy! THe fabric is PERFECT. It's rich and soft and dense and just lovely. And I know that the dress cost no more than 80 bucks to make - and we used some expensive fabric. I really night have to twist her arm and get her to make me my dress. :) That can be her gift and her oly contribution (money or time wise) to the wedding.

jasmyn

No comments: