Thursday, August 22, 2002

stumbling into something....

That might just be wonderful. Okay - this actualy has a kinda long lead in, but you gotta get the whole picture.

Where I work is in a kinda industrial area - not too far from downtown, but not the nicest part of town either. Occasionally, we would drive somewhere for lunch, and we drove past this huge rickety looking building.
Shortly after I got engaged, I noticed seeing what looked like wedding dresses in one of the windows - but they looked - odd. Almost like it was a consignement shop, or a thrift shop or something. I could tell they were NOT the run-of-the-mill dresses - but couldn't figure out why.
Okay - fast forward to today...well yesterday really. I went out last night for a lucious steak dinner, and I had about 5 or 6 oz of sreak left - that I knew I wanted for lunch. However, by the time I got home the LAST thing I wanted to do was put together lunch. Since I only live 8 minutes (I timed it today) from work - I figured I'd go home for lunch. So - on my way home for lunch today I notcied the shop again - and slowing down -yes, those were DEFINITELY wedding dresses. I went home, ate lunch, watched half an old episode of SNL, and then headed back to work. Naturally - I stopped in front of the shop to look better. Yup - wedding dresses - but they looked NEW. So I went in the graveled parking lot, and inside waht turned out to be a rather nice little office building. Wander the halls for a second - and VOILA! A Custom Bridal Desginer. Yup. As in she MAKES and DESIGNS wedding gowns. :) I was almost giggling the entire time I was in her shop. It's a small shop - but the dresses that she had on display actually looked rather nice (from the light inspection I did).
I'm excited. Of course - she said the gowns range from 300 to 5,000 (depending on fabric, intricacy, and decorations) but STILL!

So. An odd little encounter today. :) My next step is to take some time and go to a GOOD fabric store and get a general idea of how much the kind of fabric I want will cost. Oh yeah - and try something like that dress on. Heh.

jasmyn

No comments: