Tuesday, August 27, 2002

Puzzlement

Not quite a wedding related entry - more of a marriage related entry.


I have this 'friend'. One of the few I have in Indy, and she is a kinda odd girl. But I don't have her oddity weigning on my mind today. She got married in November (the first wedding I went to) and seemed like the very epitome of a happy, loving, bride.


Move forward about - ohhhh - a little under a year.  She's cheating on her husband. With more than one man. Doesn't seem to have the LEAST bit of shame about it either. I'm pretty srue she's been doing it for about 3 or  months. She's pursuing something with the pionist at her CHURCH, and has done 'stuff' already with the father of her oldest child.


And I'm honestly puzzled. I truly don't understand. I was a bit of a wild child (yes, I DEFINITELY had my moments) but I grew out of them - and heaven knows I wouldn't even CONSIDER getting married if I knew I was still in my wild child stage. So I'm wondering - what makes people stray? Especially married people...and even MORE especially recently married people. Does the vows that they took mean jackSQUAT to them? Do they not see it as a serious thing? Or is it just a matter of plain old triflinginess?


I actually don't have as big of an issue with dating people who cheat...maybe because it's a lesser commitment. Maybe because that commitment hasn't been pledged for life. But when married folx stray...it's so much worse in my eyes - and I'm sure it's because <b> I'm </b> about to get married - and I can't imagine even opening myself to the POTENTIAL of hurting C. that much. Or opening myself to even the VAGUEST chance that something that I do (to 'scratch a itch' nonetheless) would destroy our relationship.


Eh. Just had to get that out.


As far as how I feel about her...I've lost just about all respect I had  for her. I don't trust her. I mean really - if she is willing to cheat on her husband of  TEN MONTHS with TWO men - I'm sure she would have absolutely NO problem lying to lil ole me. Yet my lack of friends who live here is making me very slow to really drop her.  *sigh* Eh.


jasmyn 

No comments: