Monday, May 5, 2003

Stylin'

So - I'm going to go and buy some CLOTHES!! WHOO HOOO!!!

Okay - I'm going to need at least 7 unique outfits that can be combined with each other, plus 3 weekend outfits, plus 2 travel outfits cuz I KNOW what I wore to get there I'm not going to want to wear to come back home.
I plan on going home today and ravishing my closet to see what in there is in any sort of professional looking condition. I feel like I can get away with looking half-asssed at work in the US, but I think that I should look A LOT more professional going to meet these new people that I'm going to be working with. In other words - 2 WEEKS of pantyhose. Oh my.
I was in Walmart and I tried on a 12/14 jacket. I could put it on, but I could't button it - however I know that a full 14 might fit, and a full 16 will definitely fit, so that's cool.
One of my favorite shows is "What Not to Wear" (both the UK and the US version). I told Corey that if he ever feels the need to sign me up for one of those "Makeover" shows, I won't be the least bit upset at him. In fact, everytime I watch WNTW, I start to drool just THINKING about having 5K to spend on a whole new wardrobe.

I'm going to go home tonight and figure out what I can wear and what I'm missing - like I know I need a nice black blouse and a pair of nice black heels and maybe a pair of brown ones - and put together a list so that I can take it with me to the store tomorrow night. It's really high time that I do this, since every warm day, it takes me close to 45 minutes to find an appropiate outfit to wear. *sigh* I plan on keeping all of my sweaters from this past winter just in case I end up being pregnant during the winter time. I don't plan on getting pregnant for at least another few years, and by that time I should be small enough that they can be ready made maternity clothes.

This should really be fun.

No comments: