Tuesday, January 2, 2007

So, I braided my hair up after a nice DC (Humectress, honey, CASH) and let it dry, then braided it into my siggy hairstyle - and murph! I've yet to get it done as nicely as I did the first time - but practice, practice, practice.

But - I deserve a proper handslap = because as I was taking the braids out and combing them, I ASSUMED that my hair was still soft/pliable enough from the earlier dose of WP, and didn't apply my usual pre-combing ritual of HoneyHemp. *sigh* By the time I made it into the bathroom to start parting my tightly combed out hair, I looked down at my shirt, and saw all these WEE broken off ends of hair. *gathers then together gingerly and weeps*
But - it was a good lesson learned - It doesn't matter HOW untangly my hair APPEARS to be, or how smoothly the comb SEEMS to be going through my hair, I. MUST. MOISTURIZE. FIRST.

*sigh*

I want to find/make/buy a new DC - something REALLLLLY moisturizing. I'm thinking that the parched dry air and weather are sucking the yummies out of my hair - and that is a v. v. bad thing. I've skipped henna this week - so this is week one. I'm not hennaing until the end of week four, I'm thinking - or week 3 - depending on what my hair is looking like. I really need to come up with a good spray for the hair.

Also - I've been thinking (just a wee about) about putting in yarn twists once I've cut out most of the red (so that the demarcation between MY hair and the yarn isn't quite as obvious) so that I can play with my hair more (and put it up) etc, etc. *hrmhrmhrm*

Okay - I think that's all the rambling I have in my head for right now.

Notes to myself - recipes!!

I only made 4oz. I took 3oz of castor oil and added 1oz of coconut oil and added about a teaspoon (a measuring spoon) of sublimed sulfur powder and mixed it in carefully. I used gloves and made sure to mix it slowly so it didn't get on anything other than the inside of the container. With the recipe I used, it is about a 5% solution like mtg....but without the bacon odor

1 part (3 tspns) 10% sulfur powder, 4 parts black castor oil, 4 parts virgin coconut cream oil, 4 parts avocado butter, 2 tspns wheat germ oil, drops of WGO and rosemary eo.

No comments: