Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Answer #2 : BabyMakers R Us!!

So - continuing on with the question & answer section - WhateverIWant asked about babyplans. 

Well. It's interesting. There are definite plans in mind, and I don't really believe in jinxes, but I haven't talked about them much in non-baby/conception related places - largely because conception is such a crapshoot, and because - well, if things don't work out as we hope they will - I' going to need at least one place that I can go without being immersed  in TTC type talk. With all that said! Here's BASICALLY what we are hoping for: 
To get knocked up on, around, or shortly thereafter our 3rd wedding anniversary - March 28, 2007 for those keeping track at home. In order to hopefully be 'ready' I've been charting for the last three months, temping for the last 3 weeks, and generally keeping track of the goodies going on down below.  I've learned (over the last month or so) that a) I don't make much cervical mucus (which is kinda needed) b) I DO ovulate (Whhhooohoooo!!!!) and c) I have long cycles (so far, I'm hitting an average of 37 days). 

Because I'm a big supplement queen - I've got on order several things to help work all this out. For those who might be interested - here's the list, and the reasons why
a) Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) - often used to help regulate menstrual cycles, esp. with short luteal phases (which as I'm 8 days after ovulation, I'm not sure if I have), and helps create fertile cervical mucus.  
b) Vitex (Chasteberry) - helps boost cervical mucus, AND helps regulate the hormones that actually keep errything running smoothly.
c) Calcium/Mag Mix - *blushes* helps increase your chances of getting pregnant with a girl - C's family has a history of dropping boys, and well - just ONE girl, please?  
d) B complex - once again, helps stabilize your cycle, and helps lengthen the luteal phase - assuming it's short.  
e) Plus my standard, wonderful, lovely, adult chewable Centrums (I heart them, I do) with their 400mg of folic acid. I've CONSIDERED taking prenatals, but BLlleeeggh. I hate pills ANYHOW, and well - Blleeggghhh!  

All of these are generally 'known' fertility boosters, and well, as we are TRYING to get knocked up our first go, I figure, the more, the merrier.

Urmm.... lets see - what else?  The reason that we are waiting until March is because - I know, know, KNOW, that I will NOT be able to hold down a fulltime job, take care of a baby, and take care of a house all at once. I'm in constant awe of mama's who can - but see, I know me, and I know I can't . Actually, that's not  true. I COULD. I would hate every burning, babymissing, leaky boobies, sleep deprived second of it - but if it HAD to be done, I could do it. However, The Boy and I have been working our asses off over the last few years to try to get to a point where I wouldn't HAVE to - and well, we are there. The only reason we are still holding off til March, is because I'm a greedy scamp, and I want to be fully vested before I blow this joint, so that I can take EVERY SCRAP of money - mine & company matched - with me when I go. Mwuaahahaha!!! My 3rd anniversary (and vesting date) at work is March 21st, 2008  - and in the best world, I'd still be on Maternity leave then, and I can take my 12 weeks, and then tell them to flip off.   

The only thing I HAVEN'T done as of yet is make an appointment with the midwife that I KNOW I want to use (because there ain't much of a choice in Memphis, and I already know one of them is a dismissive, talk down to you, bossy, used to be a L&D nurse, wee bit of a harpy), but we are supposed to be meeting for a chat about doulaing, so I'll corner her then. 

Urrm - any other questions? Anything I haven't touched on?  Babymaking wise, that is.    

           

No comments: