Thursday, January 18, 2007

Sooooooooooooooooo Sleeeeeppppppppppppppppy.

Okay. Last time I henna'd was the 23rd (or so) so that makes this week - four. Yeah. Okay, not that it matters, as I'm going to do a coconut milk & lime soak on my hair this weekend, next weekend I'm doing a clarifying, and the weekend after THAT I'm doing a henna - which would be what? Week 6? Good enough fer me.

Let's see - as of late, I haven't been changing much of anything up. Using cheapie conditioner + honey for my DC's - and I've been putting Humectress directly on my ends, THEN putting the conditioner/honey mixture on my whole head - I think that is helping my ends retain more moisture. I'm also consiously leaving it on for as long as I can stand - after doing all the reading about honey being a natural source of peroxide, I want to see if I can lighten my hair up gradually and naturally, and continue hennaing, so that it'll get redder and redder. Of course, the honey could be lifting the henna right back out - but we'll see what it looks like this summer.

I'm doing the Lenzi's Request twice a week, and the overnight moisture three times a week. My hair style is staying quite nice all week long - having my hair 'put' up all week really makes the weekends/hair time more fun - I'm looking forward to it. The only thing is, the day after I do the overnight moisture bath, my scalp ITCHES to high heaven. I'm trying to tell myself it's growing hair, because my scalp doesn't LOOK dry and when I scratch, I don't get any flakies....maybe there is something in the Greg Juice that my scalp doesn't FULLY agree with? Hrm, hrm, hrm. I'm going to use up the GJ, and then will most likely do a mix of honey, humectress, a wee bit of rosemary or tea tree oil and distilled water. Hm. Luckily, I have TINY spray bottle, so I shouldn't have to worry about it going 'off'. Thankfully, the day after I do the moisture soak, I do the Lenzi's, and man - that stuff is the BEST on my scalp - so soothing, so tingly, so delightful.

Oooh - I'm going through my Flickr, and I thought that these two growth comparison pictures would be cool.

This is from August:


and this is from November:


I had cut my hair at LEAST twice between the two pictures - but - the interesting thing is that my hair looks about the same length - it's just that the ratio between virgin/dyed hair is shifting in favor of the virgin stuff. I want to wait until May (which would be a full year from when I took out my locs and dyed my hair) to cut the last of the dye out....and I'm also going to actually measure again - just to give me an idea of how many inches I get in a year. It's going to be a real adjustment, going back to my natural color. It's - it's an okay color. I mean, it's dark brown - darker than my skin and my eyes, with distinct reddish tinges (naturally - I'm lookign forward to summer + honey + henna), and it's shiny and shimmery - but - it's - plain. That's it - it's just - Merh. Maybe that's why I'm looking forward to getting grays so much - at least then, I'll have some natural highlights!

Another interesting thing I noticed in looking at the two sets of pictures - my 'fat face' shape has changed.

Super Round, Old Fat Face


Longer, Newer Fat Face


Skinny Face (jsut for comparison)


I still have the chipmunk cheeks of Chipmunkia - but that's just mah cheekbones - even in the skinny face, they show up - but whats up with the difference shape of my face? I'm almost certian I'm about the same weight in both of those pictures - maybe while loosing weight and regaining it, I regained it in different places? *looks at size of ass* Well, yes, that might be possible. *LOL* It's also funny seeing my different skin tones - the first one is makeup, the second one is winter skin, and the last one is summer skin. How I love my summer skin. How I love the sun.


In general hair-styling news - I'm sticking to the flat twist style, though, would you believe, I haven't pulled off one QUITE as good as that first one yet? *sigh* I think I'm over thinking it - or the cut took off just enough hair to make it 'different'. I know it took off enough that I can't pull off the 'rose' anymore in the back. I've been two strand twisting the back and 'tucking' it - kinda like a Gibson, I think? but a tiny, tiny, tiny Gibson. Even as I fuss about the fact that I can't make the rose anymore, I'm enjoying what I CAN do with the hair - because I know that as it gets longer, I'm going to have to relearn what does and doesn't work.

I really wish I kept a hair journal before I started locing - back when my hair was loose and natural before. All I really remember is loving Patene, and taking an entire weekend to untwist, detangle, clean, and retwist my hair - and I REALLY don't think it was all that long. I can't imagine what I was doing - either my hair has thinned - a LOT - or I was making twists the size of coffee stirrers, or I was just insane. I have some old pictures of my twists, but because of shrinkage, I have no CLUE how long my hair ACTUALLY was. Ah Well.

No comments: