Monday, January 29, 2007

That worked EVER so much better.

So - I fell asleep in the DC last night (no big suprise there, eh?) and didn't rinse it out til this morning. I then combed out my hair with some Humectress and CA, then put some WP in my hair and parted it into about 20 big twists. I then greased my scalp with the LR, and I let that dry, then untwisted them, combed it out one last time, and put in the flat twists.

Can I say!! I don't know if it was the prompt application of WP, or if the DC really DID make a difference - but my hair was soft and smooth and strong - VERY nice, really. I desparately wanted to trim my ends - snip snip snip - but I was strong, and I left them alone. I'm REALLY looking forward to getting all the red out now - it just feels so close. I'm thinking - listen to me - thinking about actually putting off my henna next week, and doing another deep conditioner. My hair really DID seem to enjoy the treatment. I need to take a picture of my twists in the back - they are so fat and lovely and shiny. I'm DEFINITELY pleased with this one - it's not the roundbun of the first one - but it's lovely.

I will DEFINITELY be doing my style of the week on dry hair from now on - the difference in the quality of the twists (and the neatness of the parts!) is obvious.
My hair is tied up in it's doorag now, and it just feels - lucious under there. I'm verry happy with my hair tonight. I sprayed it lightly with GJ before tying it up for the night - I figure that way, I'm starting my hair off on an even keel - LR and moisture. Tomorrow is more moisture - but that's what my hair needs. My hair has NEVER been 'mushy' as some women say their hair gets when over moisturized - I would LOVE to have 'mushy' hair, as that would indicate that my hair wasn't actually thirsty anymore.

Actually, next weekend is going to be a busy weekend. We are supposed to be getting our mattress delivered, and I'm going to an Imbolc ritual, both on Saturday. Hmm. I think that the rit is from 3-5 on Saturday, so..... maybe I'll DC my hair when I come home Saturday evening, and then take it out and do it on Sunday like I did this weekend. Hmm... that means definitely no henna - I COULD leave the house henna headed - but nah. And I really don't feel like leaving my hair out.

Bah. I'll figure something out.

No comments: