Sunday, January 21, 2007

Thoughts on a cloudy Sunday

So.... I've been awake for far too long - esp. on a Sunday.

It's been a busy weekend. On Friday, me & the Boy went to Sears and finally - FINALLY - got a king sized matteress!! So - next weekend, we will actually (and finally) have our bedroom set all put together. We actually kinda went on a wee shopping spree, as we also stopped at the BedBath& Beyond at Wolfchase (only because they had the huge ass 'Clearance Sale' sign on the front of the store) and scored 3 king-sized duvet sets for 25 bucks each - 300 count thread, 100% cotton. SCORE. I mean - SCOOOORRRREEE!!! Dude - I love saving money. 

We also went to Barnes & Noble, and had a good lil bit of fun there - I married a man who loves books ALMOST as much as I do - it was funny watching us negotiate how much we would spend on books - we ended up more or less walking out with all the books that we wanted, but we were happy. We RARELY (like, maybe twice a year) buy brand new books. I buy books from the Thrift on a regular - but actually going into a store and picking up a book that came out in the last year or so? Such a treat - *grins* we were downright GIDDY. 

URm. So - Saturday. I went back to Sears to get 10% off of our mattress with a coupon from Sears that showed up late in our mailbox - and then I went downstairs to look at the Jewelry. 
C  got me this LOVELY set for my birthday, but the chain broke (fine ass chain - worthless shit). And - I cant' really express how I feel about this jewelry. It's silly, and I feel like it's kinda stupid, and VERY girly - but - I'm proud of it. I'm honored by it. I feel like it's love incapsulated into something I can slip into my ears and dangle around my neck. It's a talisman of love - protecting me and walking with me everywhere. It's odd for me, because I've NEVER felt like this about jewelry - even my wedding set doesn't inspire these sort of feelings... maybe it's the newness of the set? Maybe it's the fact that I don't HAVE to wear it - I mean, technically, I don't HAVE to wear my wedding set, and when I'm NOT wearing it I feel odd and naked, but this new jewelry has major feelings behind it. And hey- maybe it's the fact that it was my 30th birthday gift - I don't know. 
ANYHOW - I broke the chain (it was fine and cheap anyhow) and I felt- odd not wearing the whole set. So, I wanted a new, stronger chain, and when I went down to Sears jewelry counter - well, they were having 60% off slae on Jewelry - there was no way I could resist. So, the money I saved with the 10% off coupon on the mattress was instantly spent on the jewelry...

Then, I went to Hancock fabrics and got the fabric to recover our new headboard - it's some funky microfiber fabric now, and we KNOW (knowing us) that we will mess that up, so we are (I am) recovering it in pleather.... and so the bed hasn't been put together because  - well, recovering the headboard is MUCH easier when the bed isn't put together. I need to do that today, actually. Then, I went to BigLots, and saw the island that we want for the kitchen.... then came home and ate, then went grocery shopping. 

Not sure why I wrote all that out. It was a busy Saturday - but not nearly as bus as it COULD have been - and I suppose if I was keeping up with stuff, it wouldn't have been as busy (cleaning the kitchen took THREE fucking hours.... there were dishes in there from NEW YEARS EVE - and yes, that's totally on both of us, dirty slobs that we are) - but the weekends usually seem all too short - not enough time to relax after work, AND do all the work that is needed around the house. Am I just a lazy woman, or - *sigh* well, I'm sure there are some super women who work 80 hours a week, maintain a fully organic house and garden, and sew all their own designer clothes. Bitches.

Sunday is shaping up to be much more peaceful - all I wantto get done today is to cover the headboard, and spackle the holes in the kitchen walls. That's not much.

Getting my ass offline would help.

 

No comments: