Saturday, January 13, 2007

I'm a Big Girl Now!!

Somehow, that's really what it feels like - like I am officially, no questions about it, a grown ass woman. 

Well see, I've (personally) thought that I was a grown ass woman for a while, because well, ya know - I've always been mature for my age. But somehow, I was still too young. Anytime someone asked me how old I was, and I opened my mouth and said 'Twenty....' you could almost see the slight dismissal of 'Oh, she's still just a baby' written in the smile that followed the '-seven'. 

But now, when I'm asked how old I am - I'll be able to start with 'Thirty.' - and really, no matter what number follows that 30, it counts me as grown.  I haven't been this excited about a birthday since I turned 21 - and think! I have this to look forward to every ten years!    

I've got no plans for today. I'm doing the final pre-birth meeting with my doula client today. I think I'm going to rearrange the living room this afternoon. I have no clue what my husband got me, and I'm quvieringly excited to see - as this is the first time I haven't really - SPECIFIED - what I want. I can either be amazingly delighted or delightfully disappointed - we shall see.

The DITL was supposed to be yesterday - but I think I'll do today. Just because.

I'm 30, ya'll. *giddy grins* That feels wonderful to say.

No comments: