Wednesday, April 7, 1999

"...and she said...Let there be light..."

It always seemed appropiate to me to start from the beginning in all thingst hat I do, even when I'm actully somewhere in the middle of it. So here I begin..once again.

I am another diarist in here...someone else...but quite a few people know me there...both in here and out there in the wide wide world. So I'm starting something a little new...starting something different. Why? because being a Jazzybelle means that I will be cool. In the icy kind of way. I will be breathtakingly honest. Even with myself...and I will write things one day that I might not mean the next. And here...I won't have to explain what I meant...or how I said it...or why. cuz this is totally MY space...my place. And I'm gonna let down my hair.

I had thought about starting another diary and making it totally fiction.. turning the diary into a reflection of what I want my life to be like. But once someone won that lottery..I realized that it wasn't gonna happen that way. So I need somewhere to rant and rave and spill out my guts...cuz I'm letting down my hair.

So this is the beginning see? and I gotta bring you to the middle...where I'm standing right now, so we can walk down the rest of the road together.

The beginning...the womb clearly...but lets fast forward a few years (just 21) and talk about what has brought me thus far. I am my momma's only child...and my fathers oldest. I was Muslim in heart from the age of 3 until around 15....and Muslim in appearence from 15 to 18. After 18.. I was as much of a heathen as I could be...and still am. I believe in MAgic and witches and Voodoo and God/dess. I was/am in college, taking a semester off to save money. I live alone...and I am an artist...at heart. I work on my art...but photography is not the best medium for a poor woman to work in.

So where am I now?? what is this middle point? well...

No comments: