Thursday, April 15, 1999

Mi amore

I love Shakespeare. His words vibrate across years, race, class, gender, sexual oreintation and age.
I love the ocean. It makes me shiver and tingle to imagine that I share the same planet with something so huge and so unaware of me.
I love thunder& lightening & wind. A good summer storm can go further towards making me feel over joyed and free and peaceful than anything else other than sex.
I love nikki giovanni. She is THE greatest poetess I have ever read. She slips inside of you and you quote her without even being aware of it.
I love my mother. She makes me strong. She lets me know that nothing is out of my reach. Even if she doesn't agree with what I am doing, she will not hold me back.
People have tried to make love such a dangerous word. Something that must be used sparingly if at all. We are 'allowed' to love our children and our mates and anything outside of that is suspect. That makes love too narrow...too limited...it decreases the amount of energy you can put into things.. because you work the most and the hardest for that which you love. And sometimes...if you don't have to work for what you love, you can simply be awed by the force and the power and the pure emotions that brings tears whether you want to cry or not and you can whisper with the last bit of your breath that is left: 'This is Love'.
Does your husband make you feel like that?
Does your wife make you feel like that?
Do your children make you feel like that?

Who ever you love will make you cry.
WHAT ever you love will make you cry.

Folx complain that men don't show love. They don't show pain, or tears or grief either. So why.. suddenly...in this slightly messed up society that we live in... should it be any easier for them to show love?

Stay Jazzed.

No comments: