Monday, May 3, 1999

Soul Breaths...

*breathe in*
*breathe out*
*breathe in*
*breate out*

Slow and sure...one after another. A breath. A life. A force. Sucking it in....releasing it.

Sometimes I wonder if I am suffering from ADD at an advanced age. The tinest things capture my attention and hold for what is.. I'm sure...an inordinate amount of time. something like breathing....It's amazing...and if you concentrate...you can FEEL the air coming in...and feel it going back out...and when you concentrate just a little more...

*breathe in*
*breathe out*
*breathe in*
*breathe out*

I feel as though I hold something within me...a not so tiny morsel of power/importance/value. Something that is too precious to be shared with everyone...yet too wonderful to be denied to everyone. I am a priestess...
in the ultimate sense of the word. Someone whose only task is to funnel something of immense power and beauty into something that can be understood & appreciated by all.

*breathe in*
*breathe out*
*breathe in*
*breathe out*

I am a priestess of myself. I hold within my soul..my spirit.. my essence....and it must be funneled into something that those outside of me can understand.

Some days I glow with light...I feel weightless and restless...these are the days that my soul stirs and demands more than just the day to day grind. These are the days that I have to write..or draw...or take pictures...or do SOMETHING that funnels out little pieces of my soul into something more solid.

*breathe in*
*breathe out*
*breathe in*
*breathe out*

Some days I have to let my soul go. Simply burn with the raw essence of who I am. I hide on those days...afraid of what my uncontrolled SELF might do or say...or try to become. A priestess must know when her goddess is too dangerous for anyone...including herself. These are the days that I lay in my 'yard' let the sun or the moon or the rain kiss me...and let myself go.

*breathe in*
*breathe out*
*breathe in*
*breathe out*

But most days my soul is still...watching and thinking and absorbing and riding me. but sometimes...if I breathe in & out...I can feel her stir within me...stretch herself...and demand her freedom.

Stay Jazzed.

No comments: